Our OB/GYN Services
Main Line Women’s Health Center
Our team here at Main Line Women’s Health Care Associates is proud to have been serving our community for more than 60 years. We have the resources and knowledgeable gynecologist doctors and specialists to be able to provide you with nearly any service. No matter what stage of life you are in, we are able to help you.
We provide a full range of inpatient and office-based services, including:
- Adolescent Gynecologic Care – We provide excellent medical and psychological support for young women experiencing problems with puberty, menstrual dysfunction, and sexual issues. Additionally, we provide counseling regarding HPV vaccination.
- Adult Gynecologic Care – We provide a full range of services for the healthcare of women, including menstrual problems, contraceptive needs, treatment of ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction, premenstrual syndrome, breast problems, infertility evaluation and treatment, menopausal symptoms and the modern use of hormones, hormone alternatives, and osteoporosis management. Included in this care is convenient in-office Dexa Scan for osteoporosis screening, in-office hysteroscopy, and endometrial ablations for the control of excessive menstruation, and a modern ultrasound facility.
- Menopause – Our gynecologists are able to help with menopause symptoms and how to identify the signs of menopause. Our OB/GYN practice also several types of menopause services including a hysteroscopy and hysterectomy.
- Obstetrical Services, Including High-Risk Pregnancies – MLWHCA provides sophisticated and compassionate obstetrical care. We manage the full range of obstetrical issues including high-risk pregnancies. Amniocentesis, ultrasounds, and non-stress testing are all available within the office setting. We deliver at Bryn Mawr Hospital which is supported by a Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, offering all levels of newborn care required even in high-risk obstetric populations.
- Prepared Childbirth Classes – “Great Expectations Prepared Childbirth Class” is offered monthly at the Radnor House location in Rosemont. Classes are offered on Sundays and include a hospital tour of Labor and Delivery at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Classes are taught by Julie Weiskopf, BSN, RN, ICCE. Julie Weiskopf is certified in both inpatient obstetrics and childbirth education and has many years of experience working in Bryn Mawr Hospital’s Labor and Delivery, Post Partum, and Nursery units.
- Gynecologic Surgery – The doctors at MLWHCA provide a full range of surgical services for our patients including minimally invasive surgeries such as laparoscopic hysterectomy and laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy. Hysterectomy can be performed laparoscopically, vaginally or abdominally, depending on the patient’s needs.
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery – The doctors at MLWHCA use the most up to date surgical technologies to enhance our patient’s health care. As technology has improved, we have been able to convert more of the older style major surgical approaches into either outpatient procedures, or now into office procedures under minimal anesthesia. The advantage of minimally invasive surgery is less pain, less recovery time, less time off from work, and oftentimes, improved outcomes. Click for more information on some of the procedures that our physicians perform.